Saturday, August 22, 2020

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Toxic Mushrooms

Mercury News San Jose, and the San Francisco Bay Area Fourteen people in and near the Bay Area were poisoned and three needed liver transplants after eating poisonous wild mushrooms that popped up in big numbers during winter’s drought-busting rains. One 18-month-old victim who needed a liver transplant ate wild mushrooms that her mother got from someone she didn’t know, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in its latest Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.