Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

FSES Introduction



     Welcome to FoodSafetyEDU, my name is Jeff Feldman and I have been a part of the food service industry since 1979, with a major focus in food safety since 1998. It is interesting how one person in your life can make an impact that changes your focus and gives you drive. I took my third food safety class for certification, but this time, with a great instructor who made it understandable and interesting to me. Chef Suzie Moffatt at the California Culinary Academy (CCA) on Polk Street, S.F. in 1998 inspired me to learn, grow, and share.

  • Culinary & Food Safety Instructor - U. S. Coast Guard's - CS 'A' School (08-Pres)
  • Food Safety Instructor - Culinary Institute of America "CIA" @ Greystone (09-12 & Pres)       
  • Food Safety Instructor / Consultant - Food Safety Education Services "FSES" (07-Pres)  
  • National Restaurant Association's "ServSafe" Certified Instructor / Exam Proctor (since 2001)  
  • National Environmental Health Association - "NEHA" Food Safety Instructor (since 2008)     
  • National Registry of Food Safety Professionals "NRFSP" Food Safety Admin (since 2008)
  • Drinking Water Professional - Treatment T2 / D2 & Backflow Assembly Tester (since 2015)    


Lets get started -

     My intention is to introduce, clarify and explain Food Safety and Drinking Water Safety information that many people just don't understand. The who, what, why and how in the kitchen, commercial or home it doesn't matter, it is still important.

     I'm excited to say, I've started a podcast, at FoodSafetyEDU.podbean.com, where I will be providing various episodes to help you get through the Food Safety Managers Exam. The posts will be based on the FDA Food Code 2017 (which  is what all of the testing companies use to write the test booklets that they sell you). With this podcast you will be able to listen to my explanations and stories at anytime day or night to better help you get through the test, understand the material and be a resource for you to train your staff.